User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Big night out!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big night out!

The hubby and I finally got out of the house on Friday night...sans Baby Girl. It's the first time we've been out alone together in at least two months and, man, did we need it! (Thanks Danielle!)

We went to a great party at Terry Rossio's house. (And there begins my name dropping.) He threw it together at the last minute to give everyone on strike a chance to celebrate our solidarity and...oh hell, it was a chance to get drunk.

The hubby and I are the worst planners so, once again, our night began in disaster. At first, we thought we'd go to a nice dinner at the Tam O'Shanter. It's a kitschy Scottish-themed restaurant but it's owned by Lawry's so they actually have surprisingly good food.

But we realized when Danielle arrived that if we went to dinner there, we wouldn't make it to Terry's place until 11. So we decided to head over to his neck of the woods and find a restaurant.

Big mistake. Everything that looked remotely decent had crowds of people waiting to get in. Desperate for a meal, we ended up at Denny's.

Even though it wasn't exactly a five-star dining experience, it was still nice to be able to eat a meal and talk without little fingers grabbing at my plate, then my eyes, then screeching when I remove said fingers from deep within my sockets.

Of course, when we got to Terry's, he had tons of food. Not one to let free food pass me by, I did take advantage of the dessert spread.

It was one of those weird evenings where people that you know in different ways all seem to converge in one place. Not surprisingly, we ran into most of SoCal Film Group and Monkey with a Shotgun.

But we were surprised and excited to see L.A. Daddy and L.A. Mommy so soon after the arrival of L.A. Baby, who made her first Hollywood party appearance.

Another surprise appearance came with Kevin and Will. We hadn't seen them since the big LA Blogger party earlier this year. We had a great time catching up, especially since this time we didn't have to run off in the middle of the conversation to keep Baby Girl out of the jacuzzi.

We were having so much fun, we had to keep calling home. "We'll be home by midnight." Ok, we'll be home by 12:30." "Maybe it'll be closer to 1:30." Danielle was awesome though and told us to stay as long as we wanted.

We finally dragged ourselves away from the party and got home at 2. After chatting with Danielle and watching a little TV to wind down, I didn't fall asleep until 3 a.m. Luckily, Baby Girl let me sleep in all the way until 8:30.

Gah. I still haven't recovered. But it was so worth it.


Post a Comment

<< Home