User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: For whom the sleep tolls...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

For whom the sleep tolls...

Have you ever been so tired that you had to look down to make sure you remembered to wear pants? Welcome to my morning.

Baby Girl did her screaming act until 2 a.m. last night. I told the hubby that someone must have called Child Protective Services by now because it sure sounded like we were killing her.

We tried a long walk, reading books, singing lullabies, smothering her with a pillow, nothing worked. I even tried driving her around the neighborhood at 1 a.m. with no luck.

At 1:30, she was bouncing up and down on my stomach like it was the bull at Saddle Ranch. I was so tired I almost fell asleep anyway.

Finally, she couldn't keep her eyes open any more and down she went, like Horshack in that fight with Screech. OK, so I'm a little loopy tonight.

And tonight? She went right to sleep. What the hell?!?!?!

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I still can't relax. Every sound I hear, I think it's her and she's going to start screaming.

The sleep deprivation toll so far?

  • One set of lost keys including the only back up key and alarm fob for one car

  • One accidental ladder-meets-lip incident for Baby Girl and daddy

  • One rear ending (with the car people - we're way too tired for that!) and, of course, the other car just had to be a Porsche
I really hope this whole horrible phase is over because we can't afford to lose any more sleep!

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy. Sounds rough.

So, what are we doing for the 4th?!

Serious, though. Sounds like you all need to take up drinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home