User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Hallucinating in Hollywood

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hallucinating in Hollywood

Scenes from A Clockwork Orange mingle with scenes from my childhood. Baby Girl's face floats in and out while random celebrities offer me bits of advice on bizarre subjects.


That pretty much describes the last week for me. I was sicker than I can remember ever being. Hallucinations, fever, agonizing wracking cough, and a throat so sore that it was actually bleeding.

I think my hallucinations may even have included me shooting JR, thanks to our Southfork visit. Yes, Baby Girl and I had a great time in Dallas, doing some touristy things and hanging with friends. I'll post some pictures in the next day or so.

Things started going downhill the last day of our trip. I woke up with a sore throat and a bit of a cold. That morning, a series of storms moved into Texas, including tornadoes all over the state. Flights were cancelled left and right. Baby Girl and I sat at the airport for 4 hours waiting for an available plane. Then, we sat for an hour on the runway, waiting for a flight plan that managed to avoid all 57 storms apparently raging.

Finally, we took off and spent 4 hours in the air, rather than the planned 3 hours, due to the storm avoiding. Picture 10 hours with an active toddler, by yourself, the last 5 in a tight enclosed location. Oh, boy, was it fun!

Actually, Baby Girl was amazingly well behaved. Especially considering we ran out of snacks and milk toward the end. The nice man behind us handed over his pretzels to keep us from potential meltdown.

Throughout the 10 hours, I started feeling worse and worse. When we landed, I actually made hubby drive me straight to the emergency room. However, being the weirdo that I am, decided that I was too sick to sit around in a hospital waiting for help.


Instead, I went home and suffered, until the lovely husband took the day off from work on Thursday and insisted that he take me to the doctor. A week of antibiotics later, I'm actually feeling human again.

My poor manager had to reschedule 7 pitch meetings. I was so delirious on Wednesday that I told her I thought I was good enough to go to a meeting. Thank god she didn't believe me, maybe it was the fact that I started speaking in tongues.

Not that meetings being rescheduled is a big deal. Some of the rescheduled meetings have already been re-rescheduled. Anyway, it's been a week of catching up and we have 3 more meetings tomorrow.

We're feeling good about the response we've been getting - not that anything means anything in Hollywood. At least we feel like we've been memorable. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home