User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: So long, suckers!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

So long, suckers!


You're finally quitting your job. Imagine your last week. Taking it easy, going out to lunch, packing up your desk, maybe wrapping up a couple of projects?

Nope.

My last week was hell on earth. Silly me. I thought it would be cake. After all, I quit, right? Shouldn't that mean I don't have to care anymore?

So why am I screaming in my car at 5:30 on Thursday, desperate to get through rush hour traffic to the one FedEx location that accepts packages until 6? Damn my work ethic, damn it all to hell!

Although, it did make it extremely, painfully clear that I was making the right decision. You see, I was hired as a senior executive. I was going to be making important strategic decisions that helped plan the company direction.

HAHHAHAH! Oh, it would be funny if it weren't so painful.

Instead, I ended up making copies and ordering t-shirts. Really exciting. Really fulfilling. Really glad I took that pay cut for this opportunity.

Ok, so yes, I'm still a little bitter. But life really is too short to be miserable. And it's way too short to have to work with people who have no respect or trust for their co-workers.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore! Sorry, went a little Network there for a second.

The great thing is that now that I've been both a stay at home mom, a work at home mom and a working mom, I am eminently qualified to tell you how you should live your life. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home