User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Damn you Google, damn you to hell!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Damn you Google, damn you to hell!

I have spent the last two months in a futile fight with Google bots. Trying to keep their creeping bot fingers out of my blog.

You know, at first it was kind of amusing that hundreds of people were finding my blog by searching for pictures of b00bs. Then it got annoying. So I removed the offending picture.

Nothing. Nope, Google, in its infinite wisdom, keeps it cached. So people still see the picture (which, mind you, isn't even hosted on my site!). Next, I removed the entire post.

Still nothing. Oh, and Google refuses to remove the picture unless you can show it leads to a "true 404 error." Yeah, cus I'm a computer programmer.

Then, someone found my blog by searching for the phrase "baby p0rn." And that's when I got really pissed.

I figured I'd just wait it out. I mean, eventually Google would figure it out and remove the picture. Right? Right?

Yep, you got it. Two months later, I'm still waiting. I finally have caved in. The bastards have won. I couldn't hold out anymore.

Thanks to everyone who asked if we were OK. A quick update - the family is fine, Baby Girl is crawling and obsessed with trying to walk, marathon training is painful but good.

I plan to post more over the weekend so stay tuned! Unless you're just looking for p0rn star b00bs, then get lost!!

*Henceforth, I will be using the lovely zero "0" instead of the letter "o" for fun words like h00-ha. Hopefully, that will cut down on the riff-raff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home