User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: It's ALIVE!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's ALIVE!

Yes, I'm still here, but between connection problems, laptop difficulties, writing duties, making a couple of short films and having a baby who doesn't want to be set down, I've been a little overwhelmed.

However, apparently some people do read this blog and want me to continue my boring ramblings. Or they're just being polite. Either way, I'm pretending they're huge fans. I'm going to try blogging once a week and hopefully will be able to keep up that blistering pace.

Baby Girl is 5 months old now and we're still not getting much sleep around here. I've found that there's a Murphy's Law of baby sleeping - on nights that you have insomnia, she'll sleep for 5 hours. Seriously, who the hell gets insomnia when they've gotten an average of 4 hours of sleep a night?

Parenting books tell you that babies start sleeping through the night at 4 months. Well, Baby Girl apparently can't read because she still wakes throughout the night and rarely naps. We keep telling ourselves it's because of her superior intelligence. Hey, whatever gets you through the night, right?

3 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but my daughter didn't start sleeping through the night until she was 14 months old, about the same time she began to walk. Those books are evil. They make you feel like crap if you're baby isn't hitting certain milestones.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger kiwidebra said...

14 months!!! AAAGHGGH! Well, according to my theory then, your daughter is definitely a genius.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Gina said...

So glad you are back! I have been checking checking checking...

Agreed that the books are evil to give you such high expectations. Liam is 7 months now and is up multiple times a night for feedings and lovins. See my Saturday post... I am about ready to scream, but I won't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home