User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Another milestone!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Another milestone!


Baby Girl is 3 months old today. Well, if you count months anyway. Technically she's 13 weeks. But either way, she's reached one of the biggest milestones - the one I've been counting the days toward.

She's old enough for the childcare at the YMCA.

Whoo-hoo! I'm actually able to work out in the middle of the day - getting a break after a morning of baby-tainment and re-energizing for the afternoon. The childcare people there are amazing. Hell, I'm wondering if they're better at taking care of her than I am.

The other day I left her and had to check what room the class I was taking was in that day (so they can come get you for crying or a diaper change). When I got back, they were playing with her and she was laughing her head off. She loves the place and they love her.

Other than that huge milestone, all the baby books I've read say that she should be starting to hold her head up (check), babbling and cooing (check), playing with her hands (check), and sleeping for 6-8 hours at night (HAHAHAHAHA!). Um, OK, so maybe she's not quite doing that last one.

Baby Girl goes to bed around 10, then wakes up at midnight, then 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate? Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!

I know there's books that tell me I should let her cry for a period of time or give her a pacifier instead. But seriously? It takes me about 30 minutes to keep putting a pacifier in her mouth to get her back to sleep. Nursing takes 10 minutes.

Hmmm, I'm exhausted and I can choose to go back to sleep in 10 minutes or 30 minutes. Which do I pick?

It's funny, even though I am a little tired, I really don't mind. I know that in a few years, she won't need me at all at night. And in about 13 years, she won't even want to be on the same planet as me.

So I've decided to just stop worrying about it and just enjoy it. After all, she won't be waking me up to breastfeed when she's 10. Right? RIGHT?!

3 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

Woooooohoooooo! Happy three-months! Happy working out! Although maybe not today. Hmmmmm. Happy Working out when you can! hee.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Gina said...

You have a great attitude... yes enjoy it, especially if you are home and can rest during the day to make up. I totally relate on the night schedule. Sheer madness that we have to be up in the night like this!
This post was when Liam wasn't quite 5 months old:
http://workingmomofliam.blogspot.com/2006/03/do-not-read-for-venting-purposes-only.html#links

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the fathe during all of this? He could give her a bottle everyonce and a while ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home