User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

I've been a little slow with posting lately because I've actually been writing. I know, I know, who could believe it? So, what have I been up to?

Well, I mentioned our sitcom earlier this month. We finally finished the rewrite of the outline incorporating our first set of notes and it's much, much better. We're really happy with it. Now, we just wait to see what the production company thinks.

It'll probably go something like this. "We like it, we just have some minor notes." Three more weeks of rewriting. "Much better, just a few more minor notes." Three more weeks of rewriting. "Perfect, let's get the pilot written." Three weeks of writing. "We like it, we just have some minor notes." Rinse, repeat.

All this to find out the network doesn't like it or they like it, only they've decided to fire us and bring on a new showrunner. Eh, that's Hollywood.

In the meantime, we also finished an outline for our new feature that we're set to start pitching later this month or next. We're really happy with it as well. At least until we get notes back from our manager.

Then, we suddenly realize what crappy writers we are.

Actually, our rep's notes are always really valid - we just don't want to hear them at first. When you turn something in, you always want to hear that it's brilliant and perfect and you're incredibly funny. So notes tend to be disheartening.

It takes a day or two to let them sink in before you realize that they're pretty right on. Even if we don't agree with the individual note, it tends to point out something that's lacking somewhere in the work that, once fixed, makes everyone happy.

So we sit and wait for the latest feedback.

This time I'm sure it'll be that the outline is brilliant and perfect and we're incredibly funny....

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

I happened upon your blog, I thought by accident, I was like oh good, I like the way she writes, then I realized you were in my favourites....so not to blow smoke up your you know what and I'm sure you get this a lot but you're a really good writer.....also, I thought your baby really was Bi-polar and I was like, "oh....sad!" Then I got it....I mean really at that age how can you tell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home