User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: The Ultimate Betrayal

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Ultimate Betrayal

I hurt Baby Girl today. She trusts me implicitly to keep her safe and I let her down. I failed to protect her from harm. I just stood there while she cried harder than I've ever heard her cry, hands balled up into tight fists, face bright red and real tears running from her eyes. Even worse, I knew it was going to happen. In fact, I was a willing participant in the planning and execution of the violation of her tiny body.

Yes, Baby Girl got her first shots today. Four shots, one after the other, as she screamed and I cried. Of course, I realize that these shots will prevent what could be much worse for her in the future - keeping her safe from horrible disease and even more pain. But that didn't help as I held her as she sobbed. I thought my heart would break. I've never felt that kind of pain for another person before and I wish I would never have to feel it again.

Please tell me it gets easier...

Of course, I guess I should count my lucky stars that Baby Girl has been so healthy. My heart goes out to any parent who has to endure this kind of thing on a daily basis. It must be unbelievably hard.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

yes. oh, god. it's the worst feeling. i cried the first time i had to take archer in for his shots as well but it gets better. i remind myself that i don't remember getting shots as a baby so Arch won't either. I also remind myself that my Mom contracted Polio because her mother did not believe in vaccines. (Actuoally mom mom reminds me of this every time I go in for Archer's check-up)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home