User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Who is this Pooh?

Friday, February 24, 2006

Who is this Pooh?

What is the deal with Winnie the Pooh? Since when did he become the go-to character for kids clothes? It's not like there's a choice of cartoon characters and Pooh is just one of them. Walk into any baby store and it's generic duckies or Winnie the Pooh.

The thing that I find really strange is that it's all about Winnie the Pooh and his honey fetish. But honey is totally forbidden for babies. So Winnie the Pooh is really the botulism bear.

Maybe it's a nostalgia thing and I don't get it since I wasn't a big Winnie the Pooh fan. Give me Dr. Suess any day. Or my other favorites: Where the Wild Things Are and Henrietta, the Wild Woman of Borneo.

Oh Pooh, why do you torture me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home