User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Baby Insomnia

Monday, February 06, 2006

Baby Insomnia

I read somewhere that babies sleep 18 out of 24 hours. HA! Baby Girl's got it backwards. She sleeps maybe 6 out of 24 hours. I think it was Rodney Dangerfield who said, "I slept like a baby last night. I woke up every 20 minutes and cried." The weird thing is that she sleeps fine at night.

Our schedule goes something like: midnight - finally asleep, 3 am - eat, then sleep, 6 am - eat, then sleep, 8:30 am - eat, then sleep, 20 minutes later - cry, cuddle, rock, bounce, swing, shoosh, eat, sleep, 20 minutes later - cry, cuddle, rock, bounce, swing, shoosh, eat, sleep, repeat until insanity begins or midnight, whichever comes sooner.

I'm actually doing OK with the lack of sleep but the baby looks like a long-haul trucker, all swollen bloodshot eyes with bags under them. She's gotta be high as a kite on adrenaline.

The hubby keeps saying that it means she's brilliant because Leonardo da Vinci only slept 20 minutes at a time. She's certainly acting like every turn at my nipple is The Last Supper. Ba-duh-bump. Man, I need to get some sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home