User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: I'm still here but my brain is gone

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm still here but my brain is gone

In the last post, I talked about how I didn't mind getting woken up every 2 hours to feed Baby Girl at night. Well, it's now been going on for two weeks straight and while I still don't mind, my mind minds because it's been turned to mush.

I'm still managing to function...barely. Of course, that functioning doesn't include blog entries since those are purely fun, and my functioning doesn't include fun.

How stupid am I these days? Yesterday, someone asked my name...and I had to think about it for a minute. What the hell is my name?

I'm a little worried that if it keeps up, I'm going to put Baby Girl in the washing machine and breastfeed the socks or something equally dumb.

Oh, and that whole "sleep when they sleep" thing? Sounds good in theory, not so much in practice. I guess it would be helpful if Baby Girl would actually nap. If I'm lucky, she'll sleep for 30-45 minutes around noon which doesn't give me enough time to even fall asleep, then finally a 2 hour nap at 4 or 5 p.m. But by that time, I'm so wired that there's no way I'm sleeping.

I'm still determined to cherish these moments, but I'm wondering if I'm killing so many brain cells that I won't remember these moments. Although something like this makes it all worth it...

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Gina said...

You could ask the hubby to take her for a few hours I guess... but that is a lost cause at my house. All I wanted for Valentine's day was a full night's rest. Instead I got stupid flowers sent to me at work. Sleep would have been cheaper, but whatever.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

She looks SOOOOO cute in that pic. What a FACE. ACK, I'll eat it up. Okay, am I grossing you out yet? Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home