User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Defending Britney Spears

Monday, June 12, 2006

Defending Britney Spears

Let me first say that I never thought I'd be defending Britney Spears of all people. I'm not a fan of her music and certainly not a fan of her acting. But I'm getting really tired of all of this coverage of what a terrible mother she is.

Now, I have no idea how good a mother Britney Spears is. After all, I don't know the woman. What I do know though, is that if someone was following me around with a camera 24-7, I'd look like a pretty terrible mother too.

Like, when I left Baby Girl alone on the futon for just a minute and she decided to roll over for the first time. Or when I bonked her head on the porch column when I was raising her over my head.

Or maybe these times...





That last picture is just after Baby Girl tumbled face first off our surfboard onto the wet sand. OK, it's not like I've driven with her in my lap or had child protective services called on me. But Sean Preston is a little older than Baby Girl so there's still time.

I'M KIDDING!

My point is that accidents happen to everyone and Britney's a new mom and, just like the rest of us, she's trying to do the best she can.

So can everyone please leave the poor girl alone?

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Chicky said...

I totally agree. No new mom needs that. Or that loser of a hubby she seems to be stuck with for the time being...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I agree too! I am looking forward to her interview tomorrow night though.

You are so right about if big brother were watching our every move... geez, I claw my kid at least once a day... I need to cut my nails... I am so glad my kid doesn't bruise easily and seems to have tough skin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home