User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: My Plans, My Beautiful Plans

Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Plans, My Beautiful Plans

Last week was my first week not working full time. Oh, the plans I had! I was finally going to catch up on my writing, do some fun things I'd been putting off, and even, believe it or not, clean the house.

Because, thanks to our scrimping and saving while I was working, we are still going to be able to keep our nanny. Although, for some reason, saying I have a nanny makes me feel so guilty. Like people are going to think I spend my useless days getting mani-pedis, shopping, and lunching with "the girls."

I really have to learn to stop caring what anyone thinks, but, until then, we'll just call her a babysitter.

Anyway, I was so excited on Sunday night, looking at my To Do list for the week. Then, I got the call. The babysitter had a family emergency and had to leave town for at least one week, maybe two.

Noooooo!

Now, don't get me wrong. I was also looking forward to once again being able to take Baby Girl to the park and storytime at the library and music class at the Y. I was picturing all the fun stuff we'd do. Then, when she got tired and cranky, I'd hand her off to the babysitter, smile and wave goodbye.

Oh, ha ha ha, my sides. That'll teach me to make selfish plans.

Now, I'm sitting here on Sunday night just dreaming of being able to shower in peace or check email without someone trying to climb up my leg to bang on the keyboard.


Baby Girl has never been one to play independently. She's really easy going and happy as long as she has your FULL attention. And she knows when you have one eye on her and the other on something else.

So, I will spend the next week as I spent the last. Throwing out the To Do list, learning patience and doing a lot of tummy kissing.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. My little ones LOVE my Treo and won't leave me be if I try to get anything done. I try to remember that in 10 years, they won't have anything to do with us.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm glad you're back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home