User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Exhaustion, Thy Name is Mother

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Exhaustion, Thy Name is Mother

I drove down to Orange County yesterday to help a friend out. She needed someone to babysit for her and, now that I'm not working, I was more than happy to help. Baby Girl and I hopped in the car and headed down.

When we got there, Baby Girl was thrilled with the huge selection of new toys, while my friend's daughter was less than happy with the prospect of being left with me. After she calmed down, we played games, sang songs over and over and ran around the house for hours...

What? I've only been here 30 minutes? Holy crap! I was totally wiped out and still had 2 hours to go. I started seriously reconsidering the plan for a second baby.

Thank god Baby Girl can't say, "Again!" My throat still hurts today from all that singing!

I think nature gives us a break by having babies develop slowly, so you can ease into the activity level little by little. Because just jumping into toddler level activity is pretty frightening.

Needless to say, I never thought driving home in rush hour traffic would seem relaxing.

Although I have to admit, it was pretty cool to have such an appreciative audience. There are a lot worse ways to spend an afternoon than listening to two little girls giggling at your every move.

I'm starting to think I should start my own series of DVDs - Comedy for Kids. I'll have stuffed animals on screen that make fart noises. Genius!

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, shoot - now that you're not working, we figured you could watch L.A. Toddler and L.A. Embryo once they were born! No, huh?

Bummer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home