User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: The family that laughs together...

Monday, March 26, 2007

The family that laughs together...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything being searched for on the internet but an extraordinary amount of people have come to my blog looking for ways to humiliate their husband. I feel bad because, although I did post about humiliating my husband last July, there's just not really that many opportunities to make your husband participate in an Independence Day parade with a decorated stroller. And I have a feeling that's not what these ladies are looking for.

Truth is, I actually like my husband. I may joke that I married him for the health insurance, but really, I married him because I knew this was a guy I'd never get tired of hanging out with. How can you go wrong with someone who makes you laugh that hard?


We actually met at an audition for a comedy sketch/improv group. I saw this cute guy and thought, "Man, I hope he's funny." He was and the rest is history.

However, there is one thing that he's lacking and it has to do with his upbringing. You see, my husband grew up in rural North Dakota. You can imagine that, out in the middle of nowhere, you might be lacking a few things. So sometimes when people make jokes about certain things, hubby has no idea what they're talking about.

Namely? Sigmund the Sea Monster, HR Puff-N-Stuff, Schoolhouse Rock, Laff-A-Lympics, need I go on? That's right, horror of horrors, he was deprived of ABC growing up. And yet somehow, we manage to stay together.

So, as you can see, I really don't have any advice about ways to humiliate your husband. I mean, unless you can make him:
- wear a red wig and a little blue dress and talk in a French accent like Madeline
- do his impression of the Coppertone girl (this one I can't describe but I'm laughing just thinking about it)
- wear a shirt that you bought that says, "I wish I were a man so I could join the Navy"
- watch America's Next Top Model
- scream like a 12-year-old girl as he comes down a waterslide


OK, yes, I have done all of the above, but it was all in good fun and my hubby was happy to do it for the reward of me laughing until I cried. I suppose the humiliating part is me posting it for the world to see. Love ya, honey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home