User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: The Cavalry Has Arrived!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Cavalry Has Arrived!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I finally got myself another babysitter. My next-door neighbor, who helped me find our previous babysitter, found me someone new to help (making her an official nanny pimp TM Rebecca).

The lovely Iris started this week. Baby Girl's not completely thrilled yet. After all, she had mommy all to herself for the last 5 weeks. Today, when I got home from a doctor's appointment, Iris had BG in her arms and they were having a delightful conversation.

BG spotted me and immediately put out her arms to me. I gave her a hug, then she turned to Iris and waved bye-bye. Iris and I laughed as BG continued to wave goodbye to her, finally resorting to pointing at the door, just in case Iris didn't remember where it was.

Still, I think she really likes her and it won't be long before she's happy to see her, because it means someone who's willing to play outside with her all day.

As for me, I feel a little guilty about how excited I am to have found someone. But, while I love Baby Girl to distraction, she's not exactly the independent type. No such thing as playing quietly while mommy works...or eats...or goes to the bathroom. Um, TMI?

I had big plans for this week, including blogging every day, but I was a little too ambitious. I did manage to get to the gym every day, go to the doctor and the dentist, finish an outline for one script that my writing partner and I are supposed to pitch next week, get through the 2nd Act of a script I'm attempting to write alone, and take a shower by myself!

I'm feeling much better this week and I certainly smell a lot better. Let's hope the babysitter curse has been lifted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home