User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Sleepless Nights

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sleepless Nights


I haven't had the energy to blog lately because my daughter has decided that, rather than going happily to sleep at 8:30 every night, a much better option would be to scream for 2 or 2 and a half hours.

Usually, we put her in her crib and all is quiet for about 5-10 minutes. Every night we think it's finally over and she's going to go to sleep. But it's only the calm before the storm.

Suddenly the screaming begins. When you get to her room, her face is all puffy and red and wet with tears. It's pretty horrifying. Even if we sit in her room with her, as long as she remains in that crib, she screams.

The only solution is to take her back out of the crib, put her in the stroller and go for a walk. She passes out in about 3 seconds, we put her back in the crib and she usually stays out. Unless, like tonight, she wakes back up and begins the rounds of screaming again.

This has been going on for a little over a week now and I don't know what to do. I can deal with letting her cry for a set period of minutes but, people, this IS NOT crying. This is top-of-her-lungs, someone-is-killing-me screaming.

I just want my "goodnight, baby, love you" right to sleep baby back! For now, I'm sticking with "goodnight, baby girl, sleep well, I'll most likely kill you in the morning!"

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronen also hated his crib, so a few months ago (~20 months), we made a big to-do about switching him to a NEW BED!!!, and converted his crib to a toddler bed (with him in the room watching me work my magic with an allen wrench). For the next few weeks, he was very excited about sleeping in his NEW BED!!!! and generally hasn't given us any trouble at bedtime since. As an added bonus, when he wakes up at 5am, he just walks into our room and crawls into bed with us, so we don't have to go get him anymore!

Your mileage may vary.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oof, my sympathies. We went through very much the same thing and I thought it was going to kill us. No real advice other than to hang in there, and know that parents everywhere know how you feel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home