User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: That Funny Feeling Again

Sunday, May 20, 2007

That Funny Feeling Again

A couple of weeks ago, I was still feeling a little run-down from being sick. I had no energy and just felt blah. One night, I realized it had been a while since I had my period. So I go take a pregnancy test...


Yep, you guessed it. And with the impeccable timing of hubby and I, we are due on Baby Girl's 2nd birthday - January 3rd. Poor BG. Not only does she have to share us but she'll have to share her birthday too.

Although I'm guessing this baby will come on New Year's Eve so we can enjoy the tender care of bitter nurses who'd rather be out having fun. Not fun. Unless, of course, we can get the free Pampers for having the first baby of the year.

You would think because I've done this all before that it would be a piece of cake but, in reality, I'm freaking out. Every ache and pain has become something to panic over. Take the fact that I just had the miscarriage, add to that the fact that the antibiotics the doctor gave me for my illness are completely unsafe during pregnancy and I'm a total mess.

I didn't even think about the antibiotics at the time because I was so sure I wasn't pregnant. Well, and I was pretty delirious too. But I had none of the same symptoms as I did with Baby Girl or the pregnancy that I miscarried a few months ago.

Friends have been surprised too. One friend said that she didn't even know we were trying. I was like, that's kind of a weird conversation to have. "Did you watch American Idol last night? The hubby and I are totally having sex so we can procreate!"

I'm half jokingly predicting a boy this time because it's so different. I've had some nausea but mostly weird cravings. Stuff I haven't eaten in years. Lots of meat, Rice A Roni, Spagetti-Os, etc.

I'd write more but I have a steaming bowl of Pork N Beans waiting for me and the zygote. Gotta go.

6 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I had my kids kind of close together (the first on March 1, the second on March 31 two years later). I didn't even put clothes away...just moved them from one dresser to another. Good thing they were both boys.

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Whit said...

I didn't realize you were pregnant! Congrats, and it was nice meeting you and yours.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations! And oy, it must be hard to chase a toddler when you're in the first trimester.

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Whit missed the part last night when LA Mommy was rubbing your belly....It was nice meeting you, and, congrats on the zygote!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Debra, we really enjoyed meeting you and Kip and your little one (we remember her name, but are being protective;)). Anyway, had REALLY had me cracking up. And it was comfortable right off the bat with you and Kip.

I just wanted to drop you a line to tell you so. I hope that we see you guys again. Maybe we'll have a gathering up here in Santa Barbara (wine country?) if you guys are able.

Sending you my best.
- Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home