User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: The strike is addling my brain

Monday, November 12, 2007

The strike is addling my brain

I was actually excited to hear that today was "bring your kid to strike" day. I've been bringing Baby Girl almost every day but thought this would be much more fun for her. There'd be other kids to hang out with.

So I spent some time making her her very own picket sign. (We tried letting her hold the bigger one while we carried her but she kept smacking us in the head with it.)

Then I looked at the strike information and realized that the shift times had changed and the strike now ends at 2 p.m. D'oh! Baby Girl wasn't set to get home until 3 p.m.

Well, I guess I'll have to make do by posting some of the photos from Friday. I headed down to the big rally at Fox and met up with some cohorts from SoCal Film Group - Steve and Mike G. and Susan (who's technically an ex-member but still beloved).

We stood for a while and marveled at how many people were there. I saw a few people I've worked with in the past and said hello. Mainly though, it was just great to see the massive numbers that turned out.

CAA even sent out some guys in suits with churros. Although I was a little concerned about agents handing out anything no strings attached. I kept asking Steve if the churro was making him feel woozy or strangely convinced that he should drop his current agent for one at CAA.

Steve and I ended up marching all over the place. I was actually disoriented by the time I had to go find my car.

Oh, and I finally remembered my camera. Here are some of the photos I managed to take.


This was my view of the stage. Not nearly as inspiring as I'd hoped.


Aren't they smiling a little too much? What is in those churros?


After we'd walked up Pico past Fox, we turned around and came back to see the people waiting their turn. Pretty impressive sight, especially considering the lazy and/or anti-social nature of most writers.


Now that's really putting your ass on the line. Seriously, how much do the Reno 911 guys rock?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home