User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Protesting thighs

Monday, July 02, 2007

Protesting thighs

I have absolutely no patience for technology. That's part of what makes me a terrible blogger. Every time I want to post a picture, I have to use a different computer in the house, spend 30 minutes working with the worst photo editing software on the planet, then try 3 or 4 times to get it to upload.

Only I usually give up after 2 tries. I've been trying to edit and post these pictures since Sunday night.

Anyway, this is how we spent this weekend. We finally got back out and went surfing. That's daddy surfing way back there in the background.


I love to surf but hate cold water and wetsuits. Nothing is more frustrating and demoralizing than trying to jam yourself into a skintight wetsuit and pull it up your protesting thighs. I suddenly have the name of my post!

We had a great time but our motto seems to be "it isn't fun until someone bleeds." Whenever we do something active, inevitably, one of us gets hurt. This time it was me.

I should have taken a picture of the scrapes on my arm and leg. Nothing like putting a little blood in the water when you're scared shitless of sharks.

I also burned the crap out of the tops of my feet. Brilliant me, I made sure to slather up Baby Girl with sunscreen but neglected to get all the sand off my feet when I put on the sunscreen.

Hello, lobster toes. Ouch! Especially since Baby Girl's favorite new hobby is "helping" mommy put on her shoes.

But look at the two of them post-surfing. What's a little blood when you get to hang out and look at those two mugs?

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Glad you had fun despite the blood and burns.

I have protesting thighs when putting on my pre-baby jeans... I hate that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home