User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Strikes, cookies and ex-presidential candidates

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Strikes, cookies and ex-presidential candidates

Alright, I realize that I didn't blog for a while and all 3 of you loyal readers were concerned. Especially after my post about leaving for Italy and the disasters that strike whenever I travel.

No travel-related disasters to report, beyond that of traveling all over Italy with a toddler in tow. I'll post separately on that.

So what have I been up to? Well, 3 weeks in Italy was more like 5 weeks when you factor in the extensive battle plans and recovery time.

Beyond that, when I returned, the writing partner and I were under the gun to finish our latest treatment for a development exec. We finally finished it last week and got it to her.

And now we're on strike. Hence, time to blog.

For those of you who don't understand the writers' strike, there's an excellent video on YouTube that explains it well.



This afternoon, the hubby and I headed over to the strike line at Paramount with Baby Girl and some chocolate chip cookies. A bunch of photographers took pics of Baby Girl picketing. Of course, she had to be rubbing a chocolate cookie all over her face at the time. So if your local paper features a dirty-faced little girl on her dad's shoulders holding a picket sign, you heard it here first.

The Reverend Jesse Jackson came by near the end of the day to support us. That was pretty cool. Of course, hubby's phone camera wouldn't work so no photos for us. However, I can say that Jesse Jackson ate my cookies. Why does that sound so dirty?

Actually, we were all heading out at the end of the day and I hear, "Cookie lady, hey, cookie lady!" It was Jesse's (I can call him that now that we're old friends) bodyguard wanting more of my cookies.

You think it was because I was dressed like this?


Hey, gotta make a living somehow now that I'm unemployed...

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I don't know why that sounds so dirty, but you are right, it didn't sit right.

I hope the strike works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home