User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Dessert, anyone?

Friday, July 27, 2007

Dessert, anyone?

One of my favorite desserts is a Thai dish called Sticky Rice with Custard. It's not too bad with mango either. If you haven't had it, it's basically rice made with coconut milk and sugar, although that doesn't really do it justice.


Yum!

It's hard to find at most Thai restaurants and I used to obsess about being able to get it. The hubby even tried to make it himself but it wasn't quite the same.

However, since we are lucky enough to live very close to Thai Town in Los Angeles, we did some exploring and discovered an amazing Thai dessert place. Not only do they have sticky rice every day but they have an amazing array of other Thai desserts.

The other day I was having a craving so I drove up there and picked up a few dishes. I always try to pick out something new and this time I grabbed 3 things that I've never had that looked interesting.


One of the fun things of picking out something new at this place is guessing what the items will actually taste like from the ingredient list. For example, this dish listed only two ingredients: coconut milk and water chestnuts.


Hmmm...so what exactly made it green? I had to turn it over for the photo because from the top, it just looked white (the stuff in the lower right corner in the other pic). Now, don't get me wrong, it was actually really tasty but does anyone have any idea what the heck it is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home