User-agent: Googlebot-Image< Disallow: / Write Write Baby: Baby Girl is one week old

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Baby Girl is one week old

I never thought I'd have a baby. I'm not exactly the motherly type. Babies actually scared me. Around people who had babies, I was supremely uncomfortable -- afraid that I would do or say something to scar that kid for life. I didn't coo over babies or squeal over tiny baby outfits. Even when I met the *PMMD (Perfect Man o' My Dreams), I didn't think I could do it. Having a tiny helpless creature dependent on me? [shudder]

When I was three months pregnant and hadn't told anyone about it yet, somehow the subject of babies came up while I was talking with a friend. My friend looked at me and said, "Yeah, but you're never going to have kids, right? You don't even like them." I started laughing and had to admit that yes, although I didn't like kids, I was about to have one of my own. She almost fell off her chair.

And now here she is -- the most perfect creature in the world. And all I can do is screw it up from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home